Benefits

THE AMAZON SUPERFOOD

Açaí is harvest in the wild handpicked by natives who climb the palm tree all the way up to collect the branches packed with this precious powerful berry.

In appearance it resembles blueberries, but only 5% of the açaí is edible. The rest 95% is an inedible seed, used as biofuel, livestock food, and turned into handcrafted.

In order to keep all nutritional value embodied it’s paramount that the harvest, washing, and crunching are done all in the same day.

The only way of ensuring this conservation is “flash-freezing” the product after its processing or “freeze-drying” the frozen pulp.

The development of the Açaí industry has been helping to prevent the depletion of the Amazon forest to cattle ranching and monocultures. With a guaranteed harvest every year, the locals can preserve their way of living.

Açaí Benefits

Açaí berries have a unique flavour! The Açaí Berry comes straight from the heart of the Brazilian Amazon Rainforest. This Superfruit will nourish not only your body, but also your mind, and soul.

Contains plenty of potassium, magnesium, zinc and copper. Source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and E.
 
Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and 0g of sugar. Full of monounsaturated fatty acids (omega 3, 6, 9 fats), that have strong anti-inflammatory properties, improve blood circulation, metabolic health, and insulin sensitivity.
One of the most powerful natural antioxidants in the world (7x stronger than blueberries) combating free radicals and preventing the proliferation of vital cells being damaged, also leading to anti-aging benefits.
Good source of flavonoids, anthocyanin, and resveratrol phytonutrients, all proven to be very beneficial for lowering blood pressure and its preventive capacity.

 

Health Facts about Açaí

Helps to prevent cancer: Açaí contains anthocyanins, an important antioxidant that helps prevent cancer. In addition, it is rich in oleic acid, responsible for blocking the genes that cause the disease; slow the development of tumors, and cause disease cells to self-destruct.

Fights anemia: Açaí is rich in iron and, therefore, a strong ally to fight anemia. To enhance the absorption of the nutrient, you can also consume the fruit with other citrus fruits, such as acerola and kiwi.

Lowers bad cholesterol: The same anthocyanins that help prevent cancer are responsible for lowering cholesterol levels. The fats present in açaí are beneficial and help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and improve good cholesterol (HDL).

Controls pressure: The açaí seed contains substances that help to dilate the vessels, which ensures the control of high blood pressure.

Helps the immune system: Antioxidants and vitamin C help maintain the body's immunity.

Anti-inflammatory: The fruit helps reduce symptoms among patients with chronic inflammation, autoimmune diseases, and asthma.

Anti-aging: Flavonoids and anthocyanins help protect cells. This reduces the effects of aging.

Protection against Alzheimer's: Açaí has substances that help protect the brain from the damage that can progress to degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's.

Source of energy: Due to its high concentration of carbohydrates, açaí is a great food to be consumed before physical activities, to ensure more energy. In addition, it is recommended to eat the fruit after exercise, as it has important amino acids for muscle regeneration, maintaining physical conditioning. Another benefit is the prevention of cramps due to their high potassium content.